Schedule your well-visit with a doctor or nurse every year. The well-visit is an important way to help you stay healthy...Speak up and ask questions at the doctor's office. When you play an active role in your health care, you can improve the quality of the care you and your family get.
Health care is a team effort, and you are the most important member of the team. Your team also includes doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and insurance providers. So take charge of your health care:
- Keep track of important health information.
- Know your family health history.
- See a doctor regularly for checkups.
- Be prepared for medical appointments.
- Ask your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist questions.
Read about Well Adult Visits (PDF)
Download and view